Planchers Bellefeuille offers an impressive selection of wood species that will allow you to materialize your vision and realize any project, whether simple or ambitious. Different grades are available and boards come in a variety of thickness, length and width.
To a cabinetmaker, crafting a custom-made piece of furniture is a work of art per se. This is why Planchers Bellefeuille makes sure to maintain a considerable inventory of hard and sometimes of exotic wood so as to be able to timely meet its customers’ high expectations.
To artists and sculptors, wood is a noble material, and each piece of artwork calls for a specific species. Planchers Bellefeuille understands this better than anyone. Various color hues, diversity in grain, variations in density are all unique characteristics that make wood a most versatile material in the realization of your projects.
Planchers Bellefeuille stays current in the latest trends and offers an impressive array of species:
Planchers Bellefeuille is committed to meet its clients’ specific needs and therefore offers an impressive range of species:
- White oak
- Red oak
- Red maple
- White ash
- Wild cherry
- Soft gray elm
- Red elm
- Exotic woods: mahogany, cumaru, ipe, jatoba, sapele, etc.
- Torrefied woods
- Other species are available on special order
Any grade available upon request: FAS, 1-2-3 Common
Any thickness available upon request: 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4 and beyond
Help with Purchasing Lumber
Lumber is generally sold in board feet (bft). It is essential that you know how to convert bft to linear feet to make sure that you are buying the appropriate quantity of wood.
- Bft = [thickness (inches) X width (inches) X length (feet] ÷ 12 feet
- bft = [thickness (inches) X width (inches) X length (inches) ÷ 144 inches
Wood thickness chart
- 4/4 = 1‘’ raw = 3/4‘’ finished
- 5/4 = 1 1/4‘’ raw = 1‘’ finished
- 6/4 = 1 1/2‘’ raw = 1 1/4‘’ finished
- 8/4 = 2‘’ raw = 1 3/4‘’ finished
- 10/4 = 2 1/2‘’ raw = 2 1/4‘’ finished
- 12/4 = 3‘’ raw = 2 3/4‘’ finished
- 16/4 = 4‘’ raw = 3 3/4‘’ finished
To purchase large quantities of lumber, please visit our www.DZDHardwood.com division
Do not hesitate to call on one of our in-store consultants for help in selecting the ideal wood species that will turn your vision into reality.